Saturday, March 31, 2012

Another Experiment

In previous posts, I have mentioned an experiment involving object interaction that I am conducting both as part of my independent research and for my human-computer interaction class, this week was go-time. I finally got the interface and task description ready to go and ran 12 subjects this week.

The task was to take 10 blocks, each with a number 0-9 on them, and place them in order as quickly as possible. I had participants perform the task 3 times in the real world and 6 times in a virtual environment, taking their time to completion on each trial. Running the subjects went very smoothly, after a slight mishap involving a broken battery while running subject 1, and I will look at the results in the coming week, possibly writing this experiment up as a short paper for submission to APGV '12.

No comments:

Post a Comment